Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I get a map of the city and county?
A map can be purchased for $2.00 at the Chamber of Commerce at 1519 North Main St.
2. What is the population of Taylor, TX?
Taylors population is 14,700 and growing.
3. How can I have relocation information sent to me?
Call 512-352-6364 and we will be happy to forward one.
4. Who is the current President of the Chamber of Commerce?
Bill Hall, President.
5. What is the name of the local newspapers?
The Taylor Daily Press (512)-352-8535
The Taylor Tribune (512)-365-7265
The Austin American Statesmen (512)-341-7937
6. How can I get a Calendar of Events?
Call the Chamber of Commerce at 512-352-6364 and we will be happy to send you one.
Or click on the Area Events button.
7. What are some of the local interesting places to visit?
We have a wonderful Downtown area with historical buildings and shops. Murphy Park has 10 lighted tennis courts, a new swimming pool, lighted baseball field, miniature golf course, American Legion Hall and covered pavilion for events. 1 ½ mile hike and bike trail runs along Bull Branch Park. Granger Lake with 4,400 surface acres and ranked 1 of 5 best crappie-fishing lakes in Texas. Moody Museum, which was the house of Daniel Moody, the youngest governor of Texas.
8. What are the largest employers in Taylor?
Intercraft Industries, Taylor ISD, HEB, Wal-Mart, Laboratory Tops, Carpenter- Morning Glory, ERCOT, Accurate, Grande Industries, and Floyds Glass